3 stars
This was for family movie night. The kids liked it, thus the 3 star rating. I, surprisingly, stayed awake through the whole movie. More than Tom can say. Nothing too special about this one. It reminded me a lot of The Pacifier, with Vin Diesel. My favorite line in the whole movie was when the little girl went into the mens restroom, looked around and said, "Boys are pigs." So true. This movie wasn't that great, but a good choice for family movie night, I guess.
2 stars
This movie just didn't do it for me. Harrison Ford wasn't that great...really has he been great in anything beyond Star Wars and Indiana Jones? Oh well, I guess The Fugitive was good. And Brendan Fraser looked old and fat. Is it hard for anyone else to take him seriously after all his goofy roles? I didn't like his character at all, which made it difficult for me to want him to be successful. Keri Russell also looked pretty bad. I didn't know if it was her, or part of her character-looking haggard from staying up with kids. This film is based on a true story, and throughout the entire film I kept wondering what was true and what was just embellishment. I'm thinking I would have liked the real life people way better than characters portrayed by these actors. It was a cool story, but I think it was executed poorly.
'Patriot Games' and 'Air Force One' were pretty good. Other than that, I think Mr. Ford needs to retire.
ReplyDeleteI'll keep the spy one in mind for the family.