Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Star Struck and When in Rome

3 stars
Yes, I am a sucker for teeny bopper movies.  But, at least I've got kids old enough to watch them with me now.  This is one we watched on the Disney Channel.  It was pretty silly, but good enough.  I liked the boy, but for some reason found the girl's acting painful.  If you've got kids in the appropriate age bracket (8-12 maybe), it was good.

4 stars
I saw this on a girls night out last night.  Maybe I was just in the mood for a laugh, because I found it rather funny.  All of the supporting characters were way over the top, and mostly annoying.  The whole plot was rather contrived.  Yet, despite that I found myself laughing quite a lot.  It is a light, fluffy, silly movie.  Josh Duhamel is cute, so that's a nice bonus.  I thought the "talking to" Bell gave her friend at the end of the movie was pretty stupid, it sounded as if she was talking to a five year old about love.  Okay, I have to stop thinking about this movie-there are WAY too many faults if you think about it.  So, just take a break from life and any serious thinking if you are going to give this one a try.  :)

2 comments:

  1. A new blog! Yay! I spend way too much time watching TV/movies so this will be very helpful for me. I still enjoy watching North & South as often as possible and Dan bought me the new Emma for Valentines. (It was on sale at Target! Interesting since it was the same week they released it online on pbs.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched Starstruck, and given that my 16-year-old still has not deleted it, it is good for that age group, too. I agree, the guy is cute but the girl is annoying.

    I haven't seen When in Rome yet, but I'd like to see it...

    ReplyDelete