Thursday, March 11, 2010

Aliens in the Attic and Surrogates

5 stars
Yep, that's right, I'm giving this one 5 stars.  I actually have watched it more than once, and it still makes me laugh.  It was great for family movie night.  I love Doris Robert's ninja face, and my kids telling me "It's the po-po, be cool,"  as we drive around town.  I think the funny talent (Kevin Nealon, Tim Meadows,  and Andy Richter) was underused, but it was still good.  We own this one now.  :)  Hope you enjoy it, too!  (And, I apologize if the key to liking this movie is low expectations, and I've built it up too much.)


3 stars

This movie is not very memorable.  It was good, but definitely not great.  It's hard to find a great sci-fi movie.  The idea is kinda cool, and actually plausible-can't you see the world staying at home, controlling their life like a video game.  I think that was my favorite part about the movie-just the thought that the concept wasn't too far off of reality.  This is a good movie to watch with your hubby, entertaining for a date night in, and not too heavy on the action or chick flick scale for one to be bored.  FYI-by the end of the movie, I finally placed the wife-Jane Bennett from the Keira Knightly P&P.  

1 comment:

  1. I will put both movies on hold at the library. I forgot Surrogates had Bruce Willis.

    ReplyDelete